Monday, September 19, 2011

Fig, bacon & goat cheese pizza

This was yet another wonderful recipe that I threw together with everything seasonal and local and my family LOVED it! So I made it a second time and took pictures for you to see and try for yourself! Figs are in season for August and September here in the valley, so try this pizza now!

Photobucket

Start with whatever favorite pizza dough recipe you have (mine is this one) and these items, bacon, figs (these are Black Mission figs), goat cheese (Trader Joe's has a great one from Sonoma), balsamic vinegar and honey.

Photobucket

Fry up a few slices of bacon, roll out your pizza dough, and quarter your figs (after chopping off the stems, but no need to peel).

Photobucket

After your bacon is cooked and cool enough to handle, either chop or crumble into small pieces. Place quartered figs on pizza dough, and sprinkle with bacon pieces and goat cheese (about 2 ounces).

Cook in 450 degree oven for 12-15 minutes (or whatever temperature and time your pizza dough recipe calls for).

Photobucket

Remove from oven and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and honey to taste (I eyeballed it...but I'd say 2-3 TBSP of each). Top with arugula or make a side salad of it (the peppery greens complement the sweet pizza fantastically! Enjoy!

Photobucket

No comments: