"Mosquitos don't come out on the weekend Mom."
I'm not sure where she came up with that, but it made me laugh.
This past Monday morning I picked up Audrey from the McNeely house after our anniversary weekend away. We got in the van to pick up Violet next and I took the opportunity to chat with Audrey one-on-one. I asked her how her weekend was, what she did, etc. At the end of our conversation I said, "I really missed you." She replied, "I missed you too...well, hardly." I laughed out loud. "Thanks for being truthful Audrey." I said.
Other things going on with Audrey...she is reading up a storm! Last week I picked up a paperback copy of Anne of Green Gables at Target in the dollar section. It's an abridged version (only 175 pages and a bit easier vernacular), but I didn't want her hefting around my hard-bound edition of all three volumes. As of this morning, she only has 30 pages left! Audrey still loves to draw and "make crafts" as well! Every few days I'll find a new book Audrey's made with a few pieces of paper folded and stapled in the middle with original story and pictures included! Audrey also loves to cook and has started her own collection of favorite recipes. With some birthday money from Uncle Ben and Auntie Alli she bought a picture album at Target. But instead of filling it with photos, she bought it to slide in 4x6 recipe cards! We did a little math yesterday when Audrey helped me make zucchini bread, but we wanted to make a half batch. She is so smart! I could keep going on and on, Audrey seems to do something everyday that catches my eye or my ears. I am just so thankful that God gave me such a wonderful, sensitive, cuddly, kind hearted daughter in Audrey.
2 comments:
We do crafts in Kansas!! Better bring your recipe book cause we're gonna cook up a storm. A Kansas twister! Love, Grandma J
I like that way of putting together a recipe book! I'm excited for her getting into Anne!
Post a Comment