Our evenings last week were also full since the kids started a 2-week session of swim lessons across the street at Hoover High School (sorry, no pictures yet). And Isaac also had his last karate lesson (until September) this past Wednesday. Here's a short video I took of him performing 2 of his katas for the class. Isaac was very excited to earn his last two stripes on his belt this past week (each stripe represents one of the four katas needed to pass white belt). When he returns in September, he is eligible to test for the next belt, blue. I was very glad he was able to do this before we took the 2 month break. This will keep him motivated to practice before he returns.
Wednesday, July 01, 2009
Final week of June
The last week of June was, again, full for our family. Every morning they enjoyed going to Vacation Bible school at our church. I, once again, enjoyed helping out by leading the opening and closing sessions, singing, doing a skit with John Schlesselman, and generally making a fool of myself for the sake of the kids' fun. And I love it!
Randy joined us for the final lunch on Friday and enjoyed watching the kids sing their songs and recite their Bible verses.
Our evenings last week were also full since the kids started a 2-week session of swim lessons across the street at Hoover High School (sorry, no pictures yet). And Isaac also had his last karate lesson (until September) this past Wednesday. Here's a short video I took of him performing 2 of his katas for the class. Isaac was very excited to earn his last two stripes on his belt this past week (each stripe represents one of the four katas needed to pass white belt). When he returns in September, he is eligible to test for the next belt, blue. I was very glad he was able to do this before we took the 2 month break. This will keep him motivated to practice before he returns.
Our evenings last week were also full since the kids started a 2-week session of swim lessons across the street at Hoover High School (sorry, no pictures yet). And Isaac also had his last karate lesson (until September) this past Wednesday. Here's a short video I took of him performing 2 of his katas for the class. Isaac was very excited to earn his last two stripes on his belt this past week (each stripe represents one of the four katas needed to pass white belt). When he returns in September, he is eligible to test for the next belt, blue. I was very glad he was able to do this before we took the 2 month break. This will keep him motivated to practice before he returns.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations Isaac! Good job!
Post a Comment