The rain cleared after lunch to let us go out to the Dillon Nature Center for a walk around the grounds. Out in the prairie grass. Petting a king snake.
Later in the afternoon my mom's friend Elaine called, wanting to take the kids fishing at the pond in the park. Relaxin' by the pond. Audrey caught the first one! And then... Catfish for dinner! Audrey caught 3 and Isaac caught 5 and Elaine helped them clean and fillet them right there at the pond. YUM!
Something weird must be happening to me (I hope you are reading this, Aaron and Christa), and it's not like I want to become friends with them or anything, but I actually didn't scream out loud in horror and back away from my computer screen at the picture of "petting the king snake." I actually LOOKED at it. Okay, so you really had to look to see it, but I didn't freak out so progress is being made...
2 comments:
Something weird must be happening to me (I hope you are reading this, Aaron and Christa), and it's not like I want to become friends with them or anything, but I actually didn't scream out loud in horror and back away from my computer screen at the picture of "petting the king snake." I actually LOOKED at it. Okay, so you really had to look to see it, but I didn't freak out so progress is being made...
And way to go on catching the fish!
How cool! I am, of course, not a fan of fish, but am a huge fan of lessons and experiences. What a great one!
And kudos to Cindy, too!
Post a Comment