Monday, April 21, 2008
The past two weeks
The past two weeks have been FULL, with Audrey's birthday right in the middle of it all, so let me fill you in! Two weekends ago Randy and I got to spend a couple days in San Diego. For those of you that don't know, part of Randy's job as a physical therapist at Children's Hospital includes working with the hemophilia clinic on site. Twice a year, the National Hemophilia Foundation has conferences to further educate and network those working in this field. November is their annual conference...and Randy has been able to travel to lots of big cities all over the U.S. for this! In April, they hold the regional meetings (CA, AZ, NE, and HI). This year it was in San Diego. I love to come along to be able to get some time to myself (while Randy is in meetings during the day) and to also get away with Randy (we usually explore the city and get a great meal in the evening). So Saturday morning we dropped off the kids with their respective babysitters (thanks to everyone that helped out) and headed south. The conference didn't actually start until Sunday morning, so we could take our time getting there. The Dodgers were playing the Padres in Dodger Stadium that night so we made a "rest stop" of the game. The Dodgers blew the Padres out of the water 11-1! It was a great game! We made it safely to San Diego after the game and enjoyed the rest of the 3-day weekend in the warm 85 degree weather. Sunday, I went into Balboa Park for a little "culture". I attended a FREE organ concert at 2 p.m. in the Spreckles Organ Pavilion, which boasts the largest outdoor pipe organ in the world! Then I walked down El Prado to the San Diego Museum of Art for their annual Art Alive exhibit. It was amazing! Each year the museum invites floral artists in San Diego to create an interpretation of a painting or sculpture (already in the museum) with flowers. They place the floral interpretations in front of its respective art piece all over the museum for its 3-day exhibit. Unfortunately, we forgot the camera at home...so click on the Art Alive icon to see some past pictures, or ask me to show you my mini pictures in my cell phone some time. Sunday evening Randy and I enjoyed a great dinner with some of his colleagues at Fleming's Steakhouse! And Monday, after a relaxing morning and lunch, we drove home in time to say "goodnight" and "Happy Birthday" to Audrey. The story of the weekend wouldn't be complete without mentioning that I got in a minor fender-bender Sunday afternoon on my way back to the hotel from Balboa Park (although I can't even call it that because neither fender actually got dented, just scratched). However, the girl I bumped into made it into a much bigger deal than it needed to be. Ask me about it sometime if you want to hear the whole story.
The morning after we got home (Tuesday), Audrey's class went on a field trip to the Fresno Art Museum. My friend Marcy helped out by watching Isaac and Violet so I could go along as a chaperone. They toured the kids around the museum, through the outside gardens, and then ended in the classroom where they had a short art lesson. They have a good size classroom in the back of the museum where they give summer art lessons to kids 8 and older (maybe next summer for Audrey)! Friday night we had family over for a birthday dinner. And Saturday afternoon Audrey invited 10 little girls to help celebrate that afternoon. She had a pony party, so they started with decorating their own cowgirl hats. After that we headed outside for a horse relay race (they had to keep a sugar cube in a spoon while "riding" their horse), then inside for pin the tail on the horse. Last, Audrey opened presents and blew out the candles on her horse cake. Enjoy all the pictures!
Audrey using her new camera that Randy, Isaac and I picked out for her. I'll have to post some of HER pictures soon.
Audrey, Isaac and Violet enjoying Hullaballoo (a new game from Grandma Arlene)
Violet giving Baby Levi some love!
Veronica, Kharma and Audrey doing their craft.
Some of the girls, and Isaac, enjoying their snack of Trail Mix and veggies with Ranch dressing.
Isaac holding out the sugar cube for his horse.
Lizzie on her leg of the relay.
Audrey Nicole getting ready to pin her tail on the horse.
The horse cake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The cake looks awesome. Nice job, Jamie.
Alli
Wow! You did have a busy week! It all sounds like fun though! I like your creative twists on the party games!
Super-star mom of the year award with that party!
Post a Comment