Monday, January 28, 2008

Randy's Birthday

So this past week, Randy celebrated his 36th birthday! I asked him a couple weeks ago what he wanted to do for his birthday this year and he answered with, "I'd like to go snowshoeing with YOU". So we dropped the kids off with Grandma Arlene on Friday night, went to dinner at Tahoe Joe's Steakhouse, and headed up the 168 to a friend's cabin at Shaver Lake! We woke up Saturday morning, packed up for the hike, and headed out into the meadow behind the cabin for a nearly 4 mile hike in knee-high powder! I doubt we would have gotten very far if not for the snowmobile tracks that we followed most of the time. When we got to the back of the meadow, we stopped for lunch and attempted to build a snowman. The snow was so powdery, it wouldn't stick, and it ended up looking like a sculpture of the Matterhorn, or a giant Hershey kiss (basically, a big pile of snow with a pointy top). I wouldn't even let Randy take a picture of it, it was so sorry. But we had fun trying anyways. I posted a few of my favorite pics of the day. Also, click on Randy's blog to read his snowshoeing entry and see his fave pics of the day! A sunny, warm day...way different than last weekend at KCNP. Tracks in the snow from...a coyote? A deer? A view from the back of the meadow. A great day!

6 comments:

Chris and Nanita said...

what an awesome picture of the two of you. That needs to be in a frame.

Allison said...

Happy Birthday Randy!!!

Ben and Alli said...

Happy birthday! Looks like you had a great day! Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry I forgot this the first time :( Happy Birthday Randy!!!!

JHNickodemus said...

Happy Birthday Randy!
Look at you guys! So cute! I cant wait to see those pictures in the scrapbooks!

Kevin said...

That looks like work...but fun. Is it still winter in CA? We are preparing for 80 degrees here in TX.