Sunday, January 06, 2008

My Green Idea of the Year

So I don't expect anyone to do this with me, and I guess you could call this my New Year's resolution as well, but I still wanted to share the idea. I have decided to not buy anything new for myself or my kids this year. Now, I'm not talking about food, medicine, toiletries, etc. I'm talking about all the "stuff"...clothes, games, decorations around the house, etc. I'm sure I will be surprised by (1) how much I can get along without, (2) how much I can find second-hand that will work perfectly fine (in cases where I do find I need to purchase something at all), and (3) how much money I'll be able to save by not buying all that new "stuff".

2 comments:

Allison said...

I can't say that I won't buy anything new, but I have said good riddens to bottled water. Although I do recycle mine, there are just too many being thrown away. We bought a filter for our faucet and a pitcher for the fridge...this is a big deal for me! Oh, I am also finally buying canvas grocery bags...I'm pretty excited about that!

Edwards said...

hey good idea jamie! not sure i can be disciplined enough to follow but good idea nonetheless! =D
miss ya!
ps, i decided to start this blog thing too!