
We have had a lot of fun this week...as we do most weeks. But I intentionally took my camera lots of places to capture it all on film. Here are Audrey and Isaac at their Tuesday afternoon swim lessons. They swim at Break the Barriers with the SwimAmerica program. The program director, Rick Klatt, is a good friend of mine that I used to coach with. I started Audrey with lessons when I was still coaching diving and she is already such a good swimmer and always improving.

She is currently working on her side breathing and just started learning the basics of backstroke and butterfly. Isaac just started swimming lessons the first of February. The very first lesson he jumped off his chair (that hangs off the side of the pool), and sunk to the bottom where his coach, Armando, pulled him up and set him back in his chair. We had a serious talk after the lesson about the fact that he does NOT know how to swim yet (despite his confidence due to the vest he wore all last summer). At the end of the talk I asked him, "So do you know how to swim?" "No, I'm learning." "And what happened when you jumped off your chair?" "I sinkeded" he replied, with a very serious look on his face. Isaac is definitely improving already. He puts his head under the water and blows bubbles now...and is learning to glide/float on his back and his tummy!

Another fun event this week was Audrey's field trip to the Fresno State farm with her kindergarten class. Since the farm is just down the street from us, we have been there many times to see the animals. This was a more extensive "tour" if you will, though. Along with seeing the sheep, pigs, cows, and horses, they took us inside the dairy building where the kids got to see how the cows are milked. Audrey loved petting the sheep and cows! Last night was also Open House for Audrey's school.

Here is Audrey with her teacher, Mrs. Burgess. Audrey enjoyed showing us all the things in the room related to their farm unit they have been working on...her book she wrote about the farm, her sheep painting (hers is the black one in the middle), and the two baby chicks (in the box to the left of Audrey) that hatched in their room on Wednesday! They were delivered in their eggs inside an incubator on Monday morning, and hatched right in front of the kids Wednesday morning! So cool!

There were lots of other fun things on the wall to see...but one paper in particular caught my eye and I just had to take a picture of it to remember it forever.

I guess the "green" habits of our household are being imprinted in Audrey's brain as important!!! I couldn't be more proud!
3 comments:
Audrey, I love your artwork and I am sure you could be president some day!! Isaac, You keep swimming, not sinking!! Grandma J
Uncle Aaron and Auntie Christa are so proud of you guys!
Okay, the girls are taking lessons at BTB also! Too funny. Barbara Brotis referred us to them.
Post a Comment