Friday, January 19, 2007

Our funny house


Well, we don't live on a farm, so it would be incorrect to say "our funny farm", but you get the idea. This week the kids have not stopped making me laugh...so I thought I'd share some stories with you. Of course, these type of moments are never accompanied with actual pictures, but I added some none the less.

Audrey LOVES to sing and dance. This week, she's been memorizing the words to "Real Gone" and "Life is a Highway", both off of the Cars soundtrack that we downloaded a couple days ago. She loves to just dance around the kitchen, singing away. Her newest move? Which, by the way, she learned from Tyler Jones, is shaking her "booty" and slapping it at the same time. I can't help but crack a smile, which, of course, makes her do it even more and laugh so hard that she can't do anything else at the same time (much less continue singing). She has learned this week, that dancing and slapping someone else's booty (namely Isaac's) is NOT as funny...and usually ends in screaming or hitting of some sort. Not good.
Isaac LOVES to listen to me speak Spanish, or listen to music in Spanish. This morning he came running into the room where I was folding laundry, yelling, "Hey, I can speak Spanish!"...and then, silently, proceeded to raise his eyebrows real high and make a bunch of huge gestures with his hands. He stopped, waiting for me to say something. I chuckled and said, "I think that's sign language buddy." He didn't even reply...just turned and ran to go play something else.

Violet LOVES to dance to all kinds of music. And by dance I mean sit on the floor and shake her shoulders back and forth...she's figured out which buttons to push on Audrey's keyboard to make the songs play. It's quite funny. She also loves to play dress up by putting dress up shoes on her hands and then crawling around the wood floor with them. She likes the sound of the clicking. Well, of course, whenever I get out my camera to catch any of these moments on film, she's much more interested in the camera. So here are some of the picture attempts from the past week.

1 comment:

Christa said...

That's kind of what my Spanish sounds like, too, Isaac.