Isaac continues to enjoy his new school. He just finished up his personal narrative, "The Split Head", complete with hand-drawn illustrations, and brought home his "pet snail" on Friday after a science unit on animals with shells. He begrudgingly continues his piano lessons with me (I told him he has to make it through the Level 1 books before I'll pay for him to start drum lessons). And he can't wait to play catch with Dad every day as soon as Randy's home from work. Isaac had his first baseball game this past Tuesday night. His coach chose to play him at catcher part of the game and shortstop the other half. Randy and I think he does best behind the plate, but we'll see how the season pans out. He hit 1 for 2, with a single to right field, making it all the way around the bases thanks to his teammates. Their team won 6-2.
Luckily for Isaac, he was so excited to play in his first game, he got his uniform on well in advance (a good hour). He tucked his shirt in, cinched down his belt, adjusted his socks just so. He came into the living room for "inspection". Everything looked good, minus one small thing...the obvious picture (and words Go, Diego, Go) that could be seen clearly through his white pants in his general posterior area!
"Isaac, you need to go change into some solid colored underwear" I said, trying my hardest to conceal my smile, and hold in my chuckles. To which he replied, "I don't have any, Mom."
Really??? I went to peruse his underwear drawer. Sure enough, my son wasn't fibbing. After untucking his shirt to hang out over his bum we hopped in the car for a quick Target run. We made it into the store and found a package that had at least one pair of tighty-whities and headed for the register. Not having time to go home, much less wash his newly acquired undergarment, his sisters and I watched the windows as Isaac quickly changed in the back seat of the van. A short 2 minutes later and we were buckled up, on the way to his first game.
Although I am fully aware that by posting this on the blog, his embarrassing story can be read by countless numbers of family members and friends. But I was glad to save him the embarrassment among his friends and teammates the day of. Isaac could squat confidently behind the plate, knowing that there was little more than underwear lines that could be seen through the white fabric.
Violet loves her kindergarten class! She is learning so much, and reading on her own these days! She is also continuing to take piano lessons, but what she really loves is her weekly gymnastics class. She is such a strong little girl, doing handstands, flips on the trampoline, tricks on the rings, and climbing up the walls, literally! Randy was excited to get a chance to see her class last week, when he was able to take a day off during the week since he was scheduled to work that Saturday.
Life with three kids sure keeps you on your toes!
No comments:
Post a Comment