
Here I have 2 rutabagas and 4 baby Yukon gold potatoes.

I scrubbed and peeled the rutabagas, scrubbed and mostly peeled the potatoes (I like a little skin in my mashed root vegetables).

Diced them all up.

Put 'em in a pot with lightly salted water. Covered it and brought it to a boil for 20 to 25 minutes, until tender. Drained off the water when they were done. Mashed it all with a big pat of butter (no need to add any milk...it will make it runny since rutabagas aren't as starchy as a potato) and some salt and pepper .

A perfect accompaniment to our meal of corned beef and cabbage last night!
2 comments:
Yum! I like that you don't need to add milk!
Wow, you know what is funny?! I have been cooking with Rutabagas alot lately, and before then i had no idea what they even were! I am excited to try this, Thanks for sharing!!!
Post a Comment