For months now, Audrey has been 'in training' with Randy for the cross-country season. She is definitely following in her father's footsteps with this one. I was never interested in running as a kid, nor in sports that involved running, like soccer or basketball. I was even asked by my P.E. teachers in Jr. High and High school to be on the basketball teams because of how well I handled and shot the ball during P.E., but I never accepted their offers. I always said I wouldn't do it because the end of the basketball season overlapped with the start of the swimming/diving season. Honestly, it's because of all the running I knew I'd have to do. But I digress. Audrey has been excited to start running for months now. She goes out running with Randy at least once or twice a week. Last week they started after-school practice for an hour three times a week. Yesterday was her first meet. Audrey ran the whole way without stopping (3/4 of a mile) and came across the finish line, smiling for the camera. Did she run her fastest? Well, she is Audrey. We'll have to work on that...the fact that it is a race, I mean. There were 63 third grade girls that ran (representing four elementary schools). Audrey came in 41st. They gave ribbons to 1st through 40th place. She was a bit disappointed, but that just gives her something to strive for next week. Good job, Audrey! We are super proud of all your hard work!
2 comments:
Way to go, Audrey! You're setting such a great example for all of your "younger neighbor" friends and running is such a healthy form of exercise that you can continue for years to come.
Marcy
Running all that way and smiling too! That's a special accomplishment! Good job! Love, Grandma Janice
Post a Comment