Audrey's pizza had a well-rolled-out crust, topped with tomato sauce, pepperoni, fresh Brandywine and yellow Limmony tomatoes and mozarella cheese. Isaac rolled his dough large and thin, into the shape of a duck (that actually resembled a horse) that had to be cut in two to even fit on his plate, topped with tomato sauce, pepperoni, olives, and mozarella.
What did I choose for my toppings? Home-made pesto from local Purple Opal basil, Limmony, Green Zebra, and Brandywine heirloom tomatoes, and mozarella and Serena farmstead cheese (made at Three Sisters dairy in Lindsay, CA). YUM!!! We enjoyed our dinner...and the last week of summer as we planted our fall garden and even went swimming a couple times to stay cool in the near 100 degree heat. Goodbye summer. Bring on the fall!
5 comments:
Mmmm! yummy! I'm going to have to start checking out that goat cheese!
That makes me really hungary!
Yum. Those look so good!!!
I love those "pizza faces! Love, Grandma Janice
Those pizzas look very yummy!! Maybe it will start feeling like Fall some time soon?!!!
Marcy
Post a Comment