Friday, March 13, 2009

Forgot to mention...

that since Isaac's field trip day was "special", I wanted him to wear jeans. Not sweats, not basketball pants, NOT SHORTS, jeans. He, of course, reasoned that since they'd be walking to the station, he needed shorts. (By the way, this was a battle practically every cold day in the fall. Finally, the first day of winter, we told Isaac that it was "school rule" that he wear pants in the winter. Consequently, he thinks he can wear shorts every day as of March 20) As we walked out the door, I thought I'd won the battle. Halfway to school I notice his jean pockets are sticking out, "Hey buddy, let's tuck your pockets in." I reach over to try and stuff them in and get quite a bit of resistance. I lift up his shirt to reveal his shorts stuffed UNDER his jeans. I bet he thinks he won, I thought to myself. So I warned Mr. Dawson when I got to school not to let him sneak off to the bathroom in the morning and take his pants off. When I showed up two hours later for the trip, sure enough, Mr. Dawson said he tried, but his jeans were still on...team effort!

2 comments:

JHNickodemus said...

Hah! Thats funny! At least he's thinkin!

Live a Colorful Life said...

Yeah, I get it. I have that very same battle with Mark every single Sunday morning, and other dress-up events. But he still wears his Crocs--even with his good suit.