Monday, December 22, 2008
Final Falcons Game
So I mentioned in my last post about Isaac jumping around in his seat at the Falcons game we went to. I wanted to follow that up with some pictures! Last Friday, December 12, we went to a Fresno Falcons hockey game with some college students and other friends from church. We had a great time watching the Falcons go into overtime and eventually win 6-5 against Bakersfield. Although, it has been so long since Randy and I have attended a Falcons game (we went often before kids) that I had forgotten how kid-UNfriendly the hockey fans in Fresno are. Hockey is a pretty rough sport! And with people cheering when the players drop their gloves and start throwing fists at each other, it made me raise my eyebrows a bit. Or the chanting of "Bakersfield sucks" wasn't encouraging to my mommy ears either. The kids were mostly oblivious to that though, and enjoyed watching the players skate effortlessly across the ice, slam against the walls, and the zambonie smoothing the ice between periods. Sadly, in the news last night, we learned that the Fresno Falcons team is dissolving, the players hopefully getting picked up by other teams in the league. Not a good thing for the minor league sports life of Fresno, or downtown. Here's hoping the Fresno Grizzlies (triple A baseball) can stick around!
Isaac and CJ rootin' on the team!
Audrey brought along her book (which I think she enjoyed more than the hockey).
Violet made a new friend...Jed!
Ken, Brandie, and Anna, stretching between periods.
Isaac and Dave.
Randy and I, enjoying the game!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Bummer about the Falcons - the games are so fun! I'm sure Dave is super bummed. Alli
No more Falcons? That's so sad. We have had a lot of great times at their games. I think Randy and Aaron need to dust off the Super Fan wigs and get out there. Have a great Christmas!!
Wichert
Post a Comment