Monday, September 08, 2008

Violet talk

To add to my earlier post...I just wanted to jot down all the wonderful words Violet uses. She is definitely our most creative child, verbally I mean. She makes up words or has similar words that fill in her sentences, usually making sense. My is usually mines. You or your is almost always yours. But my favorite is her use of him and her for any other pronoun of the same gender. For example, one particular fish was hanging out, "sitting" if you will, at the edge of the window at the aquarium. Violet commented, "Him not swimming. Him miss him daddy." Another favorite is her question, with raised eyebrows, head cocked way to the left, in a super-high pitched voice, "Yous coming mines house?" (Are you coming to my house?). She definitely has a tone and creativity in her speech that I will miss as she gets older. I just try to jot down as many "jewels" to remember as I hear them so I won't forget.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my word, she sounds just like Tori! One of Tori's favorite substitutes is 'me' for 'I'. "Me don't like it," etc.

We just started correcting her, trying to prep for Kindergarten. Funny, I think we started correcting Lizzie much younger. I think we realized this time around how precious she sounds and that all too soon, her grammar will be 'proper.'

Anonymous said...

Vill yous be coming mines house this Summer? Sounds like a little German influence there! We love yous, in Kansas!