Thursday, February 28, 2008

Audrey's big week.


A couple of things to report for Audrey this week. She lost her seventh tooth on Monday morning (her top right eye tooth). She said she pulled it out on the playground because it hurt so much at lunch that she couldn't hardly eat. Her teacher gave her a baggie to keep it in so she could put it under her pillow for the tooth fairy. The tooth fairy gave her a whole dollar! Which she promptly spent on an ice cream cone after school on Tuesday. She also, amazingly, managed to "find" another dollar somewhere which she gave to her friend Bodhi for an ice cream as well. And yesterday, Audrey went to her first day of drama. Every spring, 1st-6th graders at Robinson Elementary perform a play or musical. This year they are doing "Doo Wop Wed Widing Hood". They practice every Mon/Wed/Fri after school for an hour. When we were on the way to school to pick Audrey up from drama, Isaac asked why we were going to school at a different time. I said, "Because Audrey is practicing for the play."
"Audrey's in an act? This is her first act! Mom, this is exciting!" he said, very enthusiastically. I couldn't help but chuckle. Well, she seems to like it so far...she said it was hard to read the words so fast (they were listening to the songs and following along in the score). I told her she had a week to decide if she wanted to be in it or not. I think they perform near the end of April. I'll post new pictures of all the kids soon (I know it's been a while).

No comments: