
So in the last post I mentioned that some big things have happened in our house this week...Audrey on two wheels is one of them! She still has a bit more balance to achieve, but she finally had the courage to even try! She got a new bike (used off
Craigslist actually) and the training wheels from her old bike didn't transfer well. So we're starting to learn without 'em.

Isaac had his first official dentist appointment this past Monday and did GREAT! He went in with me about 2 months ago to see the office and sit in the chair and meet the dentist. But this time they cleaned his teeth and everything! He did so good! No tears or whining at all!

I (Jamie) completed a fun project this week as well...a quilt for Baby Carly Bergen. About 4 months ago, Jennifer Ogawa and I started talking about doing a quilt for the baby and wanted to include as many women from the church as wanted to quilt. I actually have a quilt that a bunch of ladies from Visalia First Baptist Church made for my mom when she was pregnant with me...so we took the idea! Fifteen women from our church made a block for a baby quilt and then Jennifer and I gathered them all together, arranged the blocks and pieced them together. Then I took it home and tied it, and bound it. The above picture is just the top, there are 9 other blocks on the back, and a matching pillow with two more blocks! It turned out really nice! It was nice to quilt again too! I haven't finished a quilt since Christmas 2004 (for Grace Isaac). I have a quilt for Randy and one for Isaac that are both half done. Maybe this will inspire me to get my sewing machine out more often!

Randy received his new "baby" in the mail today, allow me to explain. For those of you who don't know, Randy has become quite the hand percussionist in the last 2 years. He started with a small set of bongos, and quickly knew he would like playing. He invested in a conga (middle drum) and quinto (on the right). He plays them at home and at church in the worship team. Well, this Fall, he noticed in the
Gon Bops catalog that they were discontinuing his style of drums...and there are three in the set. So...even though he had originally thought it would be quite a while until he would purchase the third drum in the set (the tumba, pictured at left) he had to hunt it down on-line before he couldn't buy it anymore (the local Guitar Center already couldn't order it). Well, he found one. And it took three weeks for them to get it in stock, but they finally received it and shipped it, and it got here TODAY! Now Randy can make it big...tour with the big names! We're so proud of our "juero conguero".

And Miss Violet...she continues to try sitting on the potty. It definitely helps that she has two big siblings that use the toilet! She peed on the toilet twice yesterday! And she's been coming to me, telling me she needs to go "poo poo" right after she's filled her pants (hey, it's a start). I'm so excited to almost be completely done with changing diapers!!! A couple more months and she'll be old enough to use the toilet ALL the time! Good job Violet!
3 comments:
Dude - you're looking pretty pro. Keep playing!
Bruce
Wow, big news in the Mack house! I love it, everyone looks like they have found a way to relax and enjoy themselves!
well, way to go (pun intended) Violet!!!
Post a Comment