Friday, September 14, 2007
Academic improvements
Although Isaac doesn't sit down and do crafts or activity/coloring pages with me like Audrey used to do...he sure does observe and learn! I've been challenged to use different methods to teach him...using everyday activities to reinforce academic ideas for his age level (ie. shapes, numbers, colors, alphabet, size differentiation, etc). So we count things a lot! Yesterday Isaac counted up to 49 all by himself! Wow! And Violet is finally starting to make some progress with her words. She imitates all kinds of sounds and one syllable words (like wee, uh-oh, um, no, see, two/too, etc). Yesterday on a walk she said "geese" over and over as some passed by overhead! She's also getting really good at defending herself against Isaac these days (not always in good ways though). I can only hope that this will teach her to stand up for herself and not give in to peer pressure later in life. I'm always glad to see my kids learning and growing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment