Thursday, August 02, 2007

Made it to Kansas!


Sorry we haven't been up to date at posting...but out here in the midwest, life goes at a slightly slower pace. And Wifi spots can be hard to locate; although the town of Buhler DOES have a coffee/gift shop that has wireless access, and so does my dad's work, which is where I am right now. Our time in Texas was wonderful! Allison is such an amazing hostess! We drove in Sunday afternoon and Kevin BBQed some chicken while the kids played in the sprinklers in the front (with FULL coverage of bug spray). We just had a great time relaxing and catching up. Monday, Allison drove us by the school where she works on the way to a cool waterpark where we could have a picnic lunch and the kids could keep cool. Randy and I even got under some of the sprinklers too. It was only 90 degrees, but the humidity makes it yucky muggy. Violet had NO interest in getting in the water. She screamed when I got her even close. At about 2 o'clock we heard some thunder and Allison said, "That's our cue", so we packed up and drove home. We stayed inside while the thunderstorm passed over...crazy Texas weather! For dinnertime she and Kevin took us to eat at The County Line BBQ. Jason Wichert joined us there as well. We had a great table by the window, which overlooked the lake...but the view, although great, was not as amazing as the food. WOW! Randy enjoyed the 5 meat special, although wasn't quite able to finish the whole thing. I chose the pork ribs, which Allison said were the best...YUM! After dinner, the boys decided to work off some of their meal by playing a round of disc golf. They got on their long sleeves and pants (even though it was still quite warm and sticky), and sprayed all over with bug spray before leaving to trudge through the grassy course. They only made it halfway through the course before they couldn't see their frisbees anymore and headed back. The five of us sat around at the house until after midnight just chatting and having some laughs comparing Fresno and Dallas drivers (they like to drive FAST in Texas!). Allison made some delicious Texas sheet cake for dessert too! Thank you so much Kevin and Allison for letting us stay in your home! We were so excited to be able to make the trip out to see you! Tuesday morning we safely drove north to my parents' house in Kansas. We've been relaxing with them since. I'll try to post more pictures soon.

2 comments:

Christa said...

What fun! I'm a little jealous. I wish Fresno had a cool water park like that. A side note: Jamie, I like the hoop earrings.
We miss you! Have fun and hurry home.

Allison said...

We had a blast! Thanks for including us on your trip. Miss you already!