Monday, August 20, 2007

First day of school!


That time is here again...yup, school started today! Audrey was the first one ready to go this morning at 7:20 (which tells you how excited she was...since she's the slow-poke of the family). Randy was ready shortly after, and out the door at 7:30 to help with cross-guard duty in front of the school (every Monday morning). And the rest of us finished dressing and eating hurriedly and got out the door by 7:45...plenty of time to walk the 3/4 mile to Robinson Elementary! Audrey is very excited to start first grade! She has a great teacher, Mrs. Elkins (from what I've heard) and has already decided that recess if her favorite part of the day (because that's when she sees Catlin and Veronica...her two best friends from last year that ended up in different classes this year). I am so glad to have a kid that is EXCITED to go to school and learn...I pray it stays that way for many years to come!
Some other news...Isaac enjoyed his first trip to the dentist this past week. He was a VERY good boy, sitting and waiting his turn while I got my teeth cleaned first. He also had plenty of time to talk to me and the hygenist (since I couldn't talk back or tell him to be quiet). He had fun looking out the window into the fish pond and commenting over and over about touching the fish, or feeding the fish. Then he proceeded to tell a huge story about how his dad goes fishing all the time and then we clean and cook and eat the fish (Randy DOESN'T fish). But dad won't take him because he's not old enough yet, maybe when he's 16, no, maybe when he's an adult because (and I quote) "when you put the hooker in the water, the fish swim kinda slow towards it, and they're not sure what to do". The hygenist and I both got quite a laugh out of that. She had to stop cleaning my teeth for a good two minutes. Isaac didn't seem to think twice...we laugh at/with him often enough.
Violet is talking up a storm too these days. Oh-nee is her word for most things. Some words are distinguishable though. Oh-see is horse, ees is please, mommy, daddy, and uh-oh are pretty clear, and lolly for Charlotte. So, that's it, 6 words, and a whole lot of jabbering. It's definitely progress though...it's awful hard to get a word in edgewise in this family!

No comments: