Some of you who know me (Jamie) well, may have been surprised that I did not have a special post for Earth Day a couple weeks ago. And, believe me, I had every intention of doing so...but life just moves too fast sometimes. So I have been thinking over the past couple of weeks how to share our passion with all of you...and here is what Randy and I came up with. Each week (along with our normal pictures and reports) we will post a "green idea of the week". We hope that these ideas will both inform and inspire you to do little things that can make a big impact! For we want to be good stewards of the earth that God put under our care, right? So here is my first "green idea"...
RECYCLE your aluminum cans!!! Did you know that it can take 100 years for an aluminum can to recycle?
3 comments:
I love this feature!
I do my best in Texas to live "green." Our biggest contribution is in energy conservation. People ask me why I am so passionate about that and I ask them "Were you in California when they had rolling black-outs? All of a sudden the power would be out for 4 hours at a time and there was nothing you could do about it. In fact, you had to prepare for it to happen again in a few days."
We don't drink much soda, but when we do we recycle our cans!
You are awesome!
Go green girl! I didn't know you had a passion for this, so do I. In our house in Kansas, we never let the water run unless we are actually using it. Here is a funny story! Our elderly neighbor on Adams St. had big barrels to collect rain water for his garden. The misquito people had fits and we always had to wear repellent but he did his part!!Love green grandma
Post a Comment