Monday, May 21, 2007

Look what Isaac did!

Can you see it? This was with absolutely no prodding or helping from me! He just asked to play with dominoes one morning. I was on the floor playing with Violet and he was over on the other side of the room and after about 5 minutes or so he walked over and said (very excited and proud), "Mom, come see what I made"! I was so impressed I had to get out the camera and take a picture. Since Isaac is not in preschool I'm not really sure if other little boys his age can do this too...but I think he's pretty smart either way!!! He is recognizing almost all of his letters and memorizing his favorite books right now. He doesn't yet have the fine motor skills to write his name...but he knows what it looks like!

On another note...this is what Violet looked like for most of the week...DIRTY! It was great weather all week here in Fresno, so the kids played outside constantly! We have a nice patch of dirt on one side of the yard that is half Randy's garden (bell peppers, jalapeƱo peppers, squash, corn, and an apricot tree), half play area for the kids. So Violet has been enjoying the dirt patch! When we want to clean them up? Get out the new slip and slide Isaac got for his birthday (Thanks Mike and Abi!). We had some fun on that too this week!Move out of the way Violet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That slip and slide looks fun! What does Violet have on? Is it a wet suit? Wish we were there! love from Kansas!

Anonymous said...

Haven't looked in on your blog for awhile so I had lots of reading. Sounds like you guys are busy and enjoying the spring time. The pictures are great! Our boys loving looking at the pictures of their cousins from California, they just got the same slip and slide but Spiderman. We love you all!