Yesterday Audrey got her braces put on. Neither Randy nor I ever had braces so we really didn't know what to expect for Audrey. Luckily, Audrey has 2 close friends that already had theirs put on a year ago so she felt ready. She did great! Thankfully, so did Isaiah! The orthodontist office has a little movie room where he was able to sit, eat some snacks and be occupied (somewhat) by a television. I also brought lots of books, cars and toys! We have been so pleased with the service (she's been quite a few times over the past two years for X-rays, consultations, and the like) and would highly recommend this orthodontist, Dr. DiCiccio. We don't get any discount if you were to get your kid's braces done there some day. But if you tell them we referred you Audrey does get little prizes!
So after a long morning at the orthodontist, Audrey finished her day at school, went to Peach Blossom practice (it's an oral interpretation festival at Fresno State in a couple weeks), then to softball practice! What a trooper! Then home to do homework before changing into "dressy" clothes for a night out with Mom!
We went to dinner at Panera where Audrey enjoyed some mac n' cheese and a muffin. She originally picked a brownie and after one bite realized it's be too hard to chew. The manager was very gracious and understanding to let us exchange it for a softer goodie! After dinner we headed to Saroyan Theater to see West Side Story! She really enjoyed it, although I think it was a bit slower than Audrey expected, and also a bit hard to understand the girls' accents in a few parts (Audrey was a bit lost at the America number). At the end Audrey said, "Well that was a wierd ending." I had to remind myself she's never read Romeo and Juliet much less would be able to recognize the connection between the two! Note to self: take her again (or rent the movie) after she does read the play (Freshman year?). Either way, it's all good exposure to the arts! I hope to do many more nights of musicals, plays, and concerts with my girls as they grow older! In fact, this was the first time Violet showed some disappointment that she didn't get to come...next time! Not that I don't have a husband that loves to come with me to though; he was a bit disappointed himself he couldn't see this production. I guess we need to make it out to the theater more often. If only it wasn't so expensive!
Thanks for all of you that checked in on Audrey yesterday and today! Seeing her with braces made me realize how old my daughter is getting. I can only imagine how grown-up and beautiful she'll be when she gets them off in two years. Don't worry though, she already knows that dating's off-limits 'til 16! And no kissing 'til marriage, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment