If you can't get to a Farmer's Market or you-pick farm in the valley, take note...Trader Joe's peaches come from right here in the San Joaquin Valley. Depending on the variety, they come from various farms in Reedley, Dinuba and Kingsburg.
Add half of the flour mixture into the creamed butter and sugar, then add half the milk, repeat.
Note: if you do not have peach juice (or nectar) on hand, toss your chopped peaches with a TBSP or two of lemon juice and half cup of water before placing them on top of the batter. This recipe is good out-of-season also as canned peaches go well (with the juice they are preserved in) plopped on top straight out of the can!
Bake in a 375 degree oven for 45-50 minutes, until it is golden brown on top!
I love my cobbler topped with vanilla ice cream! Unfortunately, because this cobbler was out of the oven and directly out the door to deliver to my friends (who also happen to be new parents, congrats to their new family of four), I did not get a picture of the finished product. I guess you'll just have to make it yourself to see how it looks...right before it goes in your mouth!!!
1 comment:
Mmmm! A family recipe! I'll have to make this soon! We were spoiled with all the pies your mom made last week. :o)
Alli
Post a Comment