When the sweet corn comes into season at the
Fresno State Farm Market, it's a big deal...and I mean, a B-I-G deal! Living a mile from the Fresno State campus, we frequent their Farm Market for fantastic dairy products, wine, fruits and veggies, as well as pork, lamb and beef (all raised/grown on campus and by CSUF students). It's usually a quick trip. But when it's corn season, the parking lot is always full, and sometimes you even need to wait in line OUTSIDE the market, then inside again to pay. Well, we braved the lines last Friday and bought some corn and ground beef for hamburgers on the BBQ. Amazingly, we had some cobs left over. So I made corn pancakes. Growing up, when we had leftover corn, my mom or dad usually made corn pancakes the next morning. Here is my favorite pancake recipe (whole wheat, no refined sugars)...plus the corn!
Mix dry ingredients together.

Whisk wet ingredients together.




Top with butter and syrup.

Makes about 30 pancakes.
2 comments:
Yuuuum! Fresno State Corn! Those pancakes don't look as heavy as I thought they might. How do you battle density when you use whole wheat flour?
The answer to the previous question? A lot of baking powder? You're just a great food blogger now! Your pictures are so good! Mom
Post a Comment