Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentines from a 5-year-old's view

Valentine's Day is never really a big deal in our house. I do love the excuse for a date night, so Randy and I did enjoy a quiet meal just the two of us on Sunday! But other than that, we don't really do much. My Monday was spent tootling around the house, making lemon curd (with the abundance of Meyer lemons that I acquired off a friends' tree) in the morning, as well as fresh scones on which to plop the lemon curd, delivering the goodies to a few neighbors, then back home for lunch, some bike riding and chatting with neighbors in the front yard, then picking up the kiddos from school. Violet was interested in playing with my small camera, NOT helping me in the kitchen (like she usually does), so I let her snap photos all morning. These are her photos from the day (granted, not all of them). Scones, hot from the oven. Smile Mom! Jar lids, sitting in boiling hot water, ready to seal off my jars of lemon curd! Look at my pretty pink nails! My babysitter painted them for me last night! Not sure what I'm doing... Pretty nails, again! You think she's seen her mom and dad take pictures of themselves like this before? Lucy's waiting for crumbs to drop. How beautiful are the feet...of those that bring scones and lemon curd!

2 comments:

JHNickodemus said...

And now your facebook profile picture makes a little more sense!

Little Spouse in the Old House said...

Please tell Violet I thoroughly loved the picture show! Grandma Janice