I have a new favorite Christmas movie, Elf! Granted, I still have a list of other movies I like to watch during the Christmas season, but none makes me laugh longer and harder than Elf. A few nights ago, after setting up our Christmas tree together, we sat down together to eat popcorn and watch Elf. There are so many parts I love, like when Buddy puts syrup on his spaghetti, or when he spins in the revolving door until he pukes, or especially when he jumps on the couch to jump on the tree in order to put the star on top! But my favorite part is when Buddy first gets to Gimbels, finds the toy area, and is listening to the manager give an announcement. The manager says, "OK people, tomorrow morning, 10 am, Santa's coming to town."
He can barely get through his sentence when Buddy yells as loud as he can, "SANTA! Oh my God! Santa? Here?" Then he grabs the manager and says, "I know him! I know him!"
As I was watching the hilarious antics of Will Ferrell, something inside me clicked...I want to be like that! No, not like Will Ferrell, and not about Santa, about Jesus! I want to live my life so excited about my Savior that when he comes back I will shout, "Jesus! Oh my LORD! I know him! I know him!" I want to spend my Christmas season overflowing with hope to the point of craziness in celebrating the fact that Jesus CAME, and He IS, and He's COMING!
"Amen! Come Lord Jesus!" Revelation 22:20
5 comments:
Amen!
Great post, Jamie. Thank you.
We love "Elf" too! His innocence is great! Love, Mom
I do love that movie, and we just watched it this past weekend. Who knew that it could remind us of the true meaning of Christmas! Thanks Cheeso!
I will definitely have to borrow that movie now, Jamie! And may we be that excited all year long!
Marcy
Post a Comment