Thursday, April 09, 2009

Hosanna, hosanna.

I woke up, multiple times last night, with this word running through my brain, and creating knots in my stomach. Hosanna means "Save us" or "Deliver us". The song "Hosanna" by Christy Nockels was in my head the minute I woke up this morning. I have played it over and over again today as I try to make it through my day without falling apart in front of my children.

I rarely share this openly on my blog...I usually use it as a forum for "reporting" the events of our family or kids. But today I felt the need to share as part of making it through my day. Tonight I will be driving to Bakersfield to attend the funeral of my college roommate, Barbara (Cackler) Holm. She passed away last week after a 2 year battle with breast cancer. She was married just short of 10 years to my childhood friend, Mike Holm. They have three beautiful children, Julianna, Jackson, and Joshua...5 1/2, 4, and 2 respectively. I cannot stop the tears from flowing as I think of having to bury one's spouse at such a young age. I cannot help but fall to my knees, asking God's peace (a peace that he PROMISES, and a peace that is like none the world can give) to fall on Barbara's family, husband and children. I cannot help but cry out, Hosanna, Lord, save us, from all that would keep us far from you. Lord, gather Barbara's children under your wings, shelter them from the storms that will come their way.

Please pray for Barbara's family, husband, and children, not only on this difficult week, but in the weeks and years to come as they adjust, and grieve, and most likely cry, "Lord save us" many times as they struggle to walk through their days, or hours, or even minutes.

2 comments:

The Isaacs said...

Wow, Jamie... I was listening and singing to some praise music earlier tonight to prepare my heart for Good Friday and I actually listened to Christy Nockel's Hosanna... I am so saddened to hear about Barbara's passing- your post brought me to tears. I will definitely pray for her family! Thanks for sharing.

Janice Porter said...

Another song has been repeating today on the Christian radio station- "Always"- I believe that Jesus will always be with us, never leave us! That's a great promise to remember for Barbara's family. Love, Mom