Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Squirrel Infestation
Does anyone know how to get squirrels out of the house? Although I haven't actually seen one indoors, and there are no apparent holes to or from the house, there seems to be no other explanation. I think they are building a nest...under Isaac's bed! And it seems that the holidays drive them indoors. Shortly after Halloween, a small stash of broken toys (I'm assuming for use as twigs) covered a small mound of candy wrappers. We cleaned the area thoroughly and checked for squirrel droppings, but to no avail. Near Christmas we, again, found wrappings of candy canes, mixed with the colored foil of Hershey's kisses. I've never known a squirrel to like candy, but who else could be doing this? We thought that the weather was warming up enough to keep the squirrels outside, but I guess they've become accustomed to hiding under Isaac's bed. A few weeks ago we found taffy wrappers, and then on Sunday night, remains of candy-coated peanuts! That solves it...NUTS! It must be squirrels! I mean, even though it's under Isaac's bed, I've never actually seen him eating the food, and when I ask him about it, he seems to be ignorant of the whole situation. And five-year-olds never lie; right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow, the squirrel in our house made his home under my bed. It must be going around....
Hm, our friends here in Texas have those same little squirrels (AKA 5 year old boy) in their house!
Ah! I seriously thought there was a real squirrel right up to the end there. I hope I never have to deal with squirrels...I'm to gullable!(Didja know gullable isn't in the dictionary?)
That is so funny. And good luck with "extermination."
Post a Comment