Monday, November 10, 2008

Violet's 3rd birthday

Violet had a fun week celebrating her birthday! On Wednesday (her actual birthday), she went with her Auntie Christa and Lolly (Charlotte) to Build-a-Bear in the mall to, what else? Make a bear for her birthday. She also named the bear Birthday, and dressed her in a princess/fairy outfit, like her birthday party theme. That night she got to go out with Grandma Arlene for a cupcake and to Michael's craft store to pick out craft supplies for her party on Saturday. Grandma Arlene was going to get Violet a bounce house for the party, but the orthopedic doctor that gave Violet her cast said to wait until the thumb heals. It actually turned out OK considering it was raining Saturday night during Violet's party! Friday night, Violet got to choose where we went to eat for the night (with all the hubbub of the week, I didn't feel like cooking). She chose to eat at Ginza Gourmet Teriyaki down the street. It's funny how we've eaten there twice and she just LOVES it! We have to sit at the same table with the same booster seat each time too. Sorry, no picture. And Saturday was her party. She invited four friends...Charlotte, Kennedy, Mya, and C.J., which all came with their families, plus Grandma and Uncle Kevin, of course. Violet adding stickers to her wand. She manages pretty well with her cast! Mya and Violet, trying so hard to open the gifts by herself. Violet requested a princess cake (aka barbie/bowl cake)...and everything pink and brown. She wanted pink dress with brown sprinkles, and even picked out the paper plates, cups and napkins...no joke!

We had a great time celebrating Violet! Here are some things I love most about Violet right now...

I love that she wants to hold my hand every day when we walk to school and back.

I love that she wants me to kiss her again and again every night when I tuck her into bed. And she giggles every time I nuzzle into her cheek.

I love that she answers "Jesus is God" (at least that's what it sounds like) to every question Randy or I ask after we read our Bible stories before bed.

I love how she sits on the ground and calls out "Lucy" in her highest pitched voice, leaning forward and making a "come" motion with her hands.

I love how she runs to her room after her bath to show Isaac or Audrey her "booty". Although inappropriate, it still makes me giggle and shake my head every time.

I love that she still wants me to pick her up.

I love that she has opinions about most things...what she eats, wears, plays with, and does during the day. It makes me believe that she will not be easily swayed by her peers later in life; she will have the confidence to do what she wants and knows is right, and not what others want her to do.

I love (and cry inside at the same time) to hear her say, "I not the baby, I Violet."

Happy Birthday Violet! Even though you're 3 now, you'll always be my baby!

No comments: