
Well, it's been a busy week and a half for the Mack family! After I posted the last blog, we packed our bags and headed up to the mountains for one last weekend getaway before Audrey starts school (yep, our first baby starts kindergarten next Monday!). We had a great weekend with the Schlesselman family, the Neufeld family (they were at their cabin at Hume and came to visit for a while on Saturday), and made some new friends, the Lipman family (they were camped right next to us all and had kids the same age as ours)!

Violet celebrated her 9 month birthday while we were up there too! We came home Sunday, did a quick unpacking and then repacked to leave Monday morning for Randy's mom's house. We stayed with Arlene the whole week while our carpet was getting torn out, our subfloor repaired, and then new hardwood laid on top. Here's a photo of after they tore out the carpet and then sanded down the subfloor to make sure the adhesive would work correctly when laying the new wood on top. Randy and I had a couple late nights of traveling to the house after putting the kids in bed at Arlene's to finish up with painting, dusting, cleaning, etc.

After working a couple hours each night, we'd return to Arlene's and retire in our little backpacking tent in the backyard. The kids have their own rooms at Grandma's, but Randy and I were "roughing it". Randy was very excited to finally use his backpacking tent...and really, it was fun to sleep outside! You can't beat the warm summer nights in Fresno! Well, we finally made it back into the house on Friday afternoon. The living room and hallway are relatively put back together. We still have some baseboards and doors to re-hang in the hallway, shutters to paint and re-hang in the living room, and our area rugs haven't come yet, but it's looking good! Don't you think?
3 comments:
Looks great Macks! Sounds like a lot of hard work. I love the brown (at least it looks brown on my computer). I am guessing a previous post regarding some leaking led to this big change?
Looking good! Can't wait to see it in person. Is Violet walking yet? Let's see some action kid!
I love the dark wall! It really warms the room up. The wood floor looks great. I guess springing a leak isn't always a bad thing.
Post a Comment